Recent Success in Litigation
- CLG attorneys obtained a unanimous jury verdict in favor of the owner of an office building in Navajo County against a fraudulent claim of mortgage. CLG further obtained punitive damages of more than three times the disputed amount.
- CLG attorneys successfully represented the owner of two medical condominium units in a quiet title action against a partnership that owned a large medical office building. The Arizona Court of Appeals affirmed the trial judge’s ruling, and the Arizona Supreme Court denied the partnership’s Petition for Review, and awarded attorneys’ fees to CLG’s client.
- CLG attorneys obtained a favorable verdict for a tenant in a complex landlord-tenant jury trial, awarding 100% of the clients’ attorneys’ fees. Successfully upheld the jury’s verdict on appeal by the opposing party.
- CLG attorneys achieved a favorable ruling for owners of a North Scottsdale lot through the removal of deed restrictions which were prohibiting construction of a new home.
- CLG attorneys successfully represented a landlord in Federal District Court regarding the tenant’s claim for renewal of a medical office lease.
- CLG achieved a favorable settlement for a homeowner regarding extensive claims against a homeowner’s association and its Board of Directors for failure to comply with the CC&Rs.
- CLG negotiated a profitable settlement in favor of its client who was in a dispute with her ex-boyfriend over ownership of a Phoenix home.
- CLG represented a buyer in the purchase of an $8 million multi-family development.
- CLG negotiated the purchase and construction of a $3.5 million “spec” home on behalf of an investment group.
- CLG represented a water-cooperative in defeating a prescriptive easement claim by a third-party to use a well.