COMBS LAW GROUP TEAM
J. Gregory Cahill, Esq.
Mr. Cahill’s primary areas of practice include commercial litigation, with a focus on construction and real estate, and insurance coverage. Mr. Cahill has represented business and individual clients throughout Arizona, California, and Nevada including in State and Federal Court and in front of various administrative tribunals and regulatory agencies. He is licensed to practice law in Arizona, California, and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Cahill is a 1985 graduate, with honors, from the School of International Service at the American University and a 1989 graduate from the Sandra Day O’Conner College of Law at Arizona State University.
Mr. Cahill is a frequent speaker and author. He has served as a panelist at seminars and authored articles concerning issues as varied as contract formation, construction law, construction defect litigation, lien law, insurance coverage, alternative dispute resolution, and ethics.
Mr. Cahill has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2013 - current (Construction Law – Construction Litigation); Best of Arizona, Ranking Arizona; The Best of Arizona Business 2010; and Top Lawyers, AZ Business Magazine, July 2009. He is Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated and is an active member of the Construction Law Sections of the State Bar of Arizona and the Maricopa County Bar. He previously served as Section Vice-Chair and Board Member at Large of the Maricopa County Bar Construction Law Section. He currently serves on the Community Service Board of the Arizona Builders Alliance and is a member of the Home Builders Association of Central Arizona.
- Represented multiple national homebuilders in construction defect mass actions involving multiple and varied defect claims. Recent examples include the defense of a mass action involving 29 homeowners who alleged that drainage design deficiencies led to flooding of their homes and a 51 home mass action where the homeowners alleged damage from the claimed failure to properly design and construct the homes to address site soils conditions.
- Successfully defended national homebuilder in a wrongful death matter alleged to result from the installation of an allegedly deficient mechanical system.
- Successfully defended tribally charted wastewater treatment and water supply company from million dollar+ wrongful termination and non-payment claims.
- Successfully prosecuted differing site conditions and non-payment claims on behalf of a commercial excavation contractor on a federal reclamation project.
- Unites States Navy, LCDR (SW), JAGC, USNR, 1989-1994